Last Updated April 4, 2022
Permission To Access Our Website
Provided you abide by these Terms, we grant you permission to access the publicly available portion of our Website for any authorized purpose.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our Website and all of their content, features, and functionality are owned and operated by LCSD or its licensors. The contents of our Website are protected by the copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws of the United States and similar state laws related to service marks. We reserve all intellectual property rights to our Website and to any registered or unregistered trademark, service mark, logo, or other proprietary material appearing on our Website.
Our Website may provide links to other websites that are owned and operated by third parties. We have no control over the content of such websites and we make no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, timeliness and/or completeness of the information contained on them. The availability of links to third-party websites does not imply that we sponsor, endorse, or are affiliated with or associated with such third parties.
By accessing our Website and accepting these Terms, you agree that you will not:
- Use our Website or any of its content for any business or commercial purpose, except as specifically authorized by us.
- Violate, circumvent, or infringe our rights or the rights of any other person or entity, including without limitation any intellectual property, contract, privacy, or publicity rights;
- “Frame,” “mirror,” or otherwise replicate or incorporate any portion or aspect of our Website, our name, logo, trademarks, or proprietary information, into any other Website without our express written consent;
- Damage, disable, or overburden our servers or network, impair or impede the operation of our Website, or interfere with someone else’s access to our Website.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable law, ordinance, regulation, or court order.
- Modify, adapt, decipher, translate, decompile, disassemble, edit or reverse engineer any of the software used by us in connection with our Website, or attempt to do so;
- Solicit, encourage, or assist any person in doing, or attempting to do, any of the foregoing actions.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that our Website is available at all times. However, from time to time our Website may be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance, service upgrades, or unscheduled disruptions of service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law, our Website is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, whether expressed or implied. All implied warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, are hereby expressly disclaimed.
We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant our Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and safeguards to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Websites for reconstruction of any lost data.
Limitation of Liability
Use of our Website is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage, under any legal theory and in any form, arising out of or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, our Website.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our affiliates, licensors, and service providers, including our and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns, from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters arising from or relating to our Website or these Terms, including any dispute or claim, shall be governed by the law of the state of South Carolina without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
Jurisdiction for any court proceedings arising out of or relating to our Website or these Terms shall be vested exclusively in, and venue shall be laid in, the state or federal courts sitting in South Carolina. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Any failure by us to enforce or assert our rights under any provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver or our right to enforce or assert rights under that provision or any other provision of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
Effective date and modifications
These Terms are effective as of the “last updated” date, above. We reserve the right to modify these Terms at our discretion and without notice by posting the changes here. We encourage you to visit this page periodically in order to remain informed of any changes. Changes to these Terms will be effective as of the date they are posted to this page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, please contact us as follows:
Lexington County Sheriff’s Department
Office of General Counsel
521 Gibson Road
Lexington, South Carolina 29072